DJI Inspire 1 Pro Review
DJI is at it again with the creation of the DJI Inspire 1 Pro. This drone bumped it up a notch with the new Zenmuse X5 camera and lives up to the hype surrounding it. The camera on this drone is truly a professional grade camera that captures the world with clear 4K video in high definition. Not to mention, the drone handles superbly well. This drone has a lot going for it. Ultimately, the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is capable of capturing both stunning videography and photography. This drone is a must have for anyone looking for a professional drone for both aerial photography and videography.
What’s in the Box?
The DJI Inspire 1 Pro comes with several accessories and attachments that make flying the drone even better. In the box you can find:
- The DJI Inspire 1 Pro Quadcopter
- Zenmuse X5 4K Camera
- 3-Axis Gimbal
- TB47 Intelligent Flight Battery
- Flight Battery Charger
- Power Cord
- Controller Charging Cable
- 4 x Spare Prop CW/CCW Pairs
- Controller Harness
- Box for Camera with Gimbal
- 16GB microSD Memory Card
- 2 x Micro-USB Cables
- Suitcase for Quadcopter
The DJI Inspire 1 Pro comes with plenty of accessories that make flying and controlling the drone as great as it can get. This professional drone is of great quality and all of the parts in the box are top notch as well.
Weight 3400 g
Max Tilt Angle 35 degrees
Max Ascent Speed 5 m/s
Max Descent Speed 4 m/s
Max Speed 18 m/s
Max Wind Speed Resistance 10 m/s
Max Flight Time Approx. 15 min
Camera Zenmuse X5
Dimensions 120 x 135 x 140
Effective Pixels 16 M
Max Resolution 4608×3456
ISO Range 100~25600
Max Video Bitrate 60 Mbps
Photo Formats JPEG, DNG (RAW)
Video Formats MP4/MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
Video Output Ports USB, mini-HDMI
Mobile Device Holder Tablet or Smartphone
Battery 6000 mAh 2S LiPo
Pros & Cons
The DJI Inspire 1 Pro has a lot of professional features, the biggest being the Zenmuse X5 camera. The camera produces high definition videos and photos at high altitudes. Everything about the camera on this drone is a pro. One of the main cons, especially for videographers, is the fact that both dual operators run off the same camera.
- Zenmuse X5 4K: The camera on the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is a Zenmuse X5 and includes a removable lens. It captures video at up to DCI 4K 4096 x 2160 at 23.98p or UHD 4K at 29.97p.
- Micro Four Thirds Camera with MFT Mount: The DJI Inspire 1 Pro introduces a mirrorless camera in this drone with a micro four thirds camera. With the standard MFT mount, the camera includes the Panasonic Lumix 15mm f/1.7 lens.
- 3-Axis Gimbal: This 3-axis gimbal on the DJI Inspire 1 Pro uses a brushless servo motor to ensure that your shots are stable and keep the horizon level. It can also aid in a full 360-degree pan. It keeps the camera locked on the subject at all times.
- Retractable Carbon Fiber Arms: The prop arms on the DJI Inspire 1 Pro serve as a landing gear when on the ground and retract when in the air to give the camera on the drone a full view.
- Smart Power Management: The flight battery continuously provides the flight computer with voltage to keep its performance at its best. It also gives you estimates of the remain flying distance and time left on the battery so you can land it before you lose battery life.
- Two Transmitters: The DJI Inspire 1 Pro allows you to fly with a friend by using 2 transmitters. This works by allowing one person to control the flight path while the other controls the camera and gimbal for the ultimate flying experience.
- Dynamic Home Point: The home point serves as a way for the DJI Inspire 1 Pro to find its way back to you. When GPS is available, the drone can follow a flight path back to where ever you are located. This is especially useful when you are on the move yourself.
Flying the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is quite easy. It can travel at up to 50 mph, reach as far as 15,000 feet up, and can fly in sub-zero temperatures. All of the controllers included with the DJI Inspire 1 Pro was built exactly for aerial cinematography and work just how you want them to. Not to mention, a single battery can last up to 15 minutes.
With no major assembly required, the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is ready to fly from the moment you take it out of the box. Just pop in the battery to the aircraft, clip on the propellers and make sure the controller is fully charged before you start flying. Once you’ve got that setup, attach your smart device using the clamps on the controller. I used my iPhone 6, but you’re also able to fit a tablet or iPad if that’s your preference. Open up the DJI GO app from your Android or iOS, and this gives you full control of your X5 camera settings.
Now turn on the drone by pressing the “On” button once, and then again, but this time hold it until the light turns green. This means it is now connected to the controller. Attaching the camera is as easy as lining up the white markings on the side on the camera to the drone and turning it until it’s locked in.
After calibrating the drone by following the instructions, you’re alls et for takeoff. You can do this from the GO app, or by pressing both sticks on the controller down then in towards eachother to start the motors. Now push the sticks up for takeoff. Upon takeoff, the carbon fiber landing gears on the drone retract up so as not to get in the way of the camera’s views. Once flying, the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is light and nimble in the air. The drone will stop and turn on a dime, can easily navigate tight spaces, and hovers all on its own. Flying the DJI Inspire 1 Pro is just what you want in a drone.
Credit to PetaPixel for this awesome flight test.
Popular Questions and Answers
Q: Does a spare set of propellers come with this drone?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: What camera does this drone have?
A: The Inspire 1 Pro has a The Zemuse x5 w/ 17mm lens. A serious step up from the X3.
Where To Buy
Below are the links for the DJI Inspire 1 Pro and some additional accessories you might be interested in.
The DJI Inspire 1 Pro is the drone that is perfect for everyone. Nearly every aspect of this drone is of professional quality and works perfectly. The design is sleek and modern, the camera captures beautiful photos and videos, and flies like a dream come true. Any aerial photographer or videographer would not go wrong with buying the DJI Inspire 1 Pro. All of the features on this drone have been well thought out and the DJI Inspire 1 Pro was crafted with great precision. The DJI Inspire 1 Pro is one of the best drones on the market to date.
If you enjoyed reading this DJI Inspire 1 Pro review and would like to leave feedback or share your personal experience with this drone, please leave a comment below. Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates and reviews.